Code Green Program
Caesars Entertainment believes the problems facing the planet demand real action today. The company’s CodeGreen strategy provides tangible low-carbon solutions to reduce water, energy and waste consumption at all Caesars’ resorts. CodeGreen enhances the first class experience of Caesars Entertainment guests by creating healthier, cleaner communities around the world.
Employees are at the heart of this company-wide program, offering innovative ideas that lead to real impacts. Caesars Atlantic City and other Caesars Entertainment hotels and resorts have their own CodeGreen team to implement the company strategy on a monthly basis. The CodeGreen Steering Committee, made up of executives from operations and corporate leaders, drives the overall strategic direction of the program. CodeGreen is driven by data, allowing us to adapt and shift as we learn more on our journey through environmental sustainability.
BALLY'S ATLANTIC CITY
- Recycled more than 200 tons of materials in 2012
- Soap/Bottled Amenities: 300 lbs.
- Provided customers paperless registration, marketing and survey options
- More than 80% of lighting qualifies as “high-efficiency” lighting
- Minimized the amount of printed marketing pieces and use certified FSC printers
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Atlantic City region was honored as the New Jersey Business Leader of the Year by the New Jersey Clean Energy Program (2009)
- Atlantic City region was recognized with the EPA Regional Environmental Quality Award from the Environmental Protection Agency (2008)
- Atlantic City region earned the Best Public Affairs Campaign award from the American Gaming Association for its work surrounding CodeGreen (2008)
- Atlantic City region earned a Bronze and a Gold Adrian Award from the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (2008)
ENVIRONMENTAL PROGRAMS/ PARTNERSHIPS:
- Incorporated comprehensive water management programs at various golf resorts, achieving Audubon Certification in Atlantic City golf courses